I’ve been MIA for so long, and that’s because I’ve been in a funk. I’ve been down lately, and nothing seems to make me motivated to get out of bed or get on with my day. My anxiety and depression get the best of me, even when I have no reason to be feeling this way. My brain and I are currently at war with each other. Some battles I win, some I lose.
So, I thought I would share a few things that bring me happiness. Maybe it’ll bring help me.
- Freshly brewed cup of coffee. Nothing beats the smell of a hot cup of joe, the aroma in the air, the caffeine perking up my day even before I’ve drank it.
- Walking in the woods. I’m not much of an outdoorsy and nature person, but just taking a walk to clear your mind (especially in fall weather), it’s just so calming. It could be walking anywhere really.
- Reading. I can sit in one spot for hours on end, with a stack of books next to me. My dream is to have my own little reading nook in a future house, or own a coffee shop that has books lining the walls. It’s great to get lost in a different world, even if it’s just for a short amount of time.
- Ice cream. What can’t ice cream fix? Just give me my cookies’n’cream and I’ll be happier than ever.
- Friends and family. I love spending as much time as I can with my husband, because he can cheer me up and make me smile like a fool, even if I’m angry at the world, or the laundry machine, or over nothing. And when I’m back home in New York, I cherish every second I get with my friends and family, because it’s not that easy to travel constantly from Dubai to New York. I make a yearly trip for at least 4-5 weeks.
Basically, I just need to remind myself that I have every reason to feel happy and blessed, Alhamdulillah. God has given me a home, food to eat, a loving family. But sometimes, even I can’t control how I feel.
love always, lala.